- Postal Coding Points – full postal code modeling
- Represents the center point of the most current (full) postal code within the highly accurate context of the HERE Map.
- HERE Postal Code Points (formerly known as NAVTEQ ZIP+4 Centroids) enables the user to find destinations by postal code only, without using the street address. They can also be used for geocoding support, territory generation and geo-marketing applications.
- United States: While technically a ZIP+4 is a linear delivery (walking) segment, this file represents the ZIP+4 as a point. ZIP+4 codes use the basic 5-digit ZIP Code plus four additional digits to identify a geographic segment within the 5-digit area, such as a city block face, an apartment building, an individual high-volume receiver of mail or any other unit that could use an extra identifier to aid in efficient mail sorting and delivery. The ZIP+4 Centroids file is based on current data from the US Postal Service, the US Census Bureau and HERE NAVSTREETS Map Content database.
- Canada: The last three characters of the Canadian postal are known as LDUs or local delivery units. Similar to a US ZIP+4, LDUs represents a single address or a range of addresses, and are represented spatially as points. LDUs are NOT included with the FSA file.
- Worldwide: Postal Code Points represent the center point of the most current (full) postal code within the highly accurate context of HERE Map Content.
- Enables the users to find destinations by postal code only, without using the street address. Additional resource for fall back geocoding support, territory generation and geo-marketing applications.
- Data is aligned to the HERE map, and includes features such as the Postal Code type – P.O. Box, Large Organizations, etc.
- Polygon alignment is made to existing NAVTEQ map topology
- Coverage and Format:
- US Zip + 4 s in all 50 states, District of Columbia, US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico
- Canadian 6-character (FSA-LDU) full postal code
- Brazil 8 digit
- Mexico points are found only in the postal boundary product as Mexico does not have a +4 or +3 zip
- Available in ESRI Shapefile, FileGeoDatabase (FGDB), and MapInfo TAB file
Are you a digital product developer who needs to integrate location services and data into your applications?
We can help with your custom needs through our mapping solutions.
Fill up the form and Start a Conversation Today